Mar 06, 2021
Program Coordinator Louis Michael
The digital revolution has produced rapid advances in area of music production. This has created many new economic, academic, entrepreneurial, and creative opportunities for people with the drive and passion to succeed.
The defining aspects of the new media are that they are digital, interactive, social, asynchronous, and multimedia.
Individuals can work as full-time staff members for recording studios, broadcast networks, live audio production companies, small video production companies, or one of the many music technology merchandising companies. Many creative musicians are free-lance workers. Other self-employed workers operate their own recording studios.
The AAS in Music Production is designed to enable graduates to enter occupations in the area of music performance, recording studio technicians, sound technicians, and potentially management or supervisory positions. The Certificate of Proficiency concentrates on the skills of music performance, recording, and sound technology. The Certificate of Completion is for students that want to acquire the skills necessary for an entry-level job as a recording or sound technician.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the basics of MIDI production and create a musical compositions using MIDI
- Edit audio tracks and import loops and samples
- Digitally record multitrack audio
- Insert instrument and effect plug-ins
- Insert equalizers and compressors on audio tracks
- Understand microphone types and techniques
- Understand and apply the basics of video editing and production
- Create music videos
- Encode video for distribution to various formats
- Demonstrate skills on a major and a secondary instrument and play in an ensemble setting
- Understand basic to intermediate music theory
- Create a business plan
Music Production - MUSC/PROD.AAS
Associate in Applied Science
Performing Ensemble Options
Total credit hours required for the A.A.S in Music Production: 60
Music Production - MUSC/PROD.CP
Certificate of Proficiency
Total credit hours required for the Certificate of Proficiency in Music Production: 30
Music Production - MUSC/PROD.CC
Certificate of Completion
Total credit hours required for the Certificate of Completion in Music Production: 20